CEO Morning Show Episode 11 From 5/15/2020
This morning Dylan did an exclusive live interview with Brock of 808 Mafia. We were excited to get him on the show because of his unique approach to running a producer collective in 2020. His background as the founder of a tech startup allowed him to bring data driven decisions and corporate style organization to the already powerful musical brand founded by Southside aka @808MafiaBoss.
This entire interview is a gold mine of knowledge, inspiration and motivation for any creative looking to improve their business and overall approach to the music business.
Some of the most interesting topics include:
- Similarities between a label and a startup
- Understanding the difference between business and friendships
- The importance of NOT being desperate
- Why you have to be obsessed with being the best
- The importance of organization & structure in ANY business
- What 808 Mafia looks for when signing producers
- Producer deals - Pros & cons of signing to a collective