This is the fourth installment of the Producergrind Podcast episodes we filmed in LA in 2020. We had the pleasure of interviewing Gunna's official DJ & producer Taurus where he told us his come up story growing up in Memphis Tennessee playing basketball to eventually working in Atlanta with Gunna, Turbo, Wheezy, going on tour, and making chart topping records like "200 FOR LUNCH", "SKYBOX", "SUN CAME OUT", "NASTY GIRL / ON CAMERA", "DIRTY DIANA", "ADDYS" and more on Gunna's latest album WUNNA (Deluxe).
Taurus shared with us many music career gems including DJing tips, how to work with artists and producers for placements, having other hustles, why you should go to college, recording studio etiquette and more.
In This Episode We Talk About:
- Doing Whatever It Takes and Knowing Your Purpose
- The Role of a DJ / Hype man and Finding Your Voice
- Differences between a DJ on Tour Shows vs Playing Clubs
- How DJing Led to Making Beats and Producer Placements
- How To Work With Producers and Artists in the Studio
- The Benefits of Going to College as Plan A and not having a Plan B
- Having Other Hustles for Opportunities and Multiple Streams of Income
More Episodes You Will Like!